13 March 2021
Theme: Smoke on the Downs
For those wishing to direct debit their entry fees:
Oakey Show Society BSB 638 070
Account number 14652021 Please reference your name.
KEEPING COVID SAFE
The key principles to keeping COVID safe at the Oakey Showgrounds and the Oakey Show are as follows:
QR Code for gate registration
HAVE SYMPTOMS? – DON’T COME
COVID – 19 affects different people in different ways. Most infected people will develop mild to moderate illness and recover without hospitalization. The symptoms of COVID – 19 are very similar to the symptoms you have if you have a cold, with the most common symptoms being fever, dry cough and tiredness. Less common symptoms include aches and pains, sore throat, diarrhoea, conjunctivitis, headache, loss of taste or smell a rash on skin or discolouration of fingers or toes.
If you are exhibiting any of these symptoms, please don’t come to the Oakey Show and seek medical advice as soon as you can.
To comply with our COVID plan our system of entry needs to be as contactless as possible.
NIL CONTACT ENTRY – Become a member of the Oakey Agricultural, Pastoral and Rodeo Society Inc. and show your membership ticket on arrival to gain entry to the Showgrounds and the show in a contactless manner.
MINIMAL CONTACT ENTRY (pedestrians) – Maintain physical distancing as you pay gate entry fees on arrival. CASH ONLY – (NO EFTPOS)
To comply with our COVID plan we are providing bottles of alcohol based hand sanitiser at all showground entry points and at regular points throughout the Showgrounds. Please sanitise your hands regularly during your visit to the Oakey Show.
To comply with our COVID plan we are providing signage around the Showgrounds and making announcements to remind you to maintain physical distancing of 1.5m away from people not in your usual household group. This will apply to all parts of the Oakey Show including pedestrian walkways, side show alley, section exhibits, in pavilions and seating. You are responsible for maintaining your distance from other people.
To comply with our COVID plan we are providing signage in all the amenity blocks on Oakey Showgrounds reminding you to wash your hands regularly using soap and water and lathering your hands for approx. 20 seconds before rinsing. Dry using single use paper towel.
To comply with our COVID plan we are providing signage on all buildings that create an enclosed space, including the maximum capacity limit for that space. Please comply with these maximum capacity limits so that everyone inside has the opportunity to maintain their physical distancing.
Thank you for helping make Oakey Show a COVID safe event ! _______________________________________________________________________________
Conditions of Entry
Please adhere to COVID safe key principles that apply to Oakey Showgrounds and the Oakey Show.
1. ENTRIES will be accepted at the Secretary’s Office, at the Showgrounds. The Office will be open: Monday 1st March 2021 to Friday 5th March 2021 (9:30am to 2:00pm); Monday 8th March 2021 to Friday 12th March 2021 (9:00am to 5:00pm); SHOW DAY (All Day).
The attention of intending exhibitors is drawn to the fact that entries are accepted subject to the rules of the Queensland Chamber of Agricultural Societies and to the Constitution and Rules of this Society (www.qcas.net.au). See relevant Show sections for closure times for entries.
2. Competitors shall endeavor to send a detailed list of articles they intend to submit for competition. The list should be delivered to the Secretary at least five (5) days prior to the Show. Each article on delivery should be correctly labeled with Section and Class details. Entry fees must accompany entries. No refunds will be allowable on any entry that is not exhibited.
3. Exhibits will be received in accordance with the regulations set out in this schedule.
4. No exhibitor will be allowed to remove, or in any way interfere with any exhibit until 4.00pm Saturday of the Show, unless with permission from the Steward concerned.
5. Agricultural, Horticultural, Produce, Home Cooking, Needlework and Handcraft must be grown or made by the exhibitor.
6.No person shall act as judge over exhibits in any class which he/she is an Exhibitor.
7. The Judges decision is final, but in the event of a protest, such protest shall be lodged in writing within half an hour of the event, with the Secretary. $50.00 to accompany protest which will be refunded if protest is upheld.
8. The Judge may award a second or third prize instead of a first, if exhibits are not of sufficient merit.
9. No person, without the permission of the Chief Steward, shall be permitted inside Greenwood Hall on judging day.
10. Where exhibits bear the name of an exhibitor or manufacturer, the name is to be carefully covered until judging is over.
11. The Committee reserves the right to refuse entry into the grounds to any exhibit where there is reason to expect that it is diseased or dangerous. The Committee also reserves the right to remove such an entry from the grounds.
12. No award ribbon, other than those awarded at the Show shall be placed on any exhibit whilst in the Showgrounds, without the prior approval of the Steward for the section in which it is entered.
13. PRIZE MONEY will be paid in cash and may be collected from the Secretary’s Office on Saturday of the Show. Any prize money not collected at the Show will revert to the credit of the Society.
14. Precautions will be taken to guard against fire and to protect the property of the Show Society, but the exhibits will not be insured at a cost to the Society.
Oakey Show Program 2021
Enjoy a fun-filled family day out!
Times subject to change
FREE Family Entertainment
Official Opening at 10.30am by Garth Hamilton
Around The Grounds
9am - 6pm Pit Masters Low & Slow BBQ
1.30pm Fashion Parade
3pm Pet Parade
4 -7pm Entertainment by Amanda Faulkner 2021 Oakey Show Schedule
The Oakey Show Society
WELCOMES NEW MEMBERS!
Annual Membership ~ Family $20.00 ~ Single $10.00.
Free entry to the Rodeo & Show
Become a member and be included in the membership lucky draw of $100.00 cash – drawn after the official opening on show day.
Prize Kindly Donated By Westgarth Realty
Members - Free
Non Members - $10.00
Aged Pensioners (Card required) - $5.00
High School (ID required) - $5.00
Children (under 12 years) - $3.00