14 March 2020
Conditions of Entry
1. ENTRIES will be accepted at the Secretary’s Office, at the Showgrounds. The Office will be open: Monday 2nd March 2020 to Friday 6th March 2020 (9:30am to 2:30pm); Monday 9th March 2020 to Friday 13th March 2020 (9:00am to 5:00pm); SHOW DAY (All Day).
The attention of intending exhibitors is drawn to the fact that entries are accepted subject to the rules of the Queensland Chamber of Agricultural Societies and to the Constitution and Rules of this Society (www.qcas.net.au). See relevant Show sections for closure times for entries.
2. Competitors shall endeavor to send a detailed list of articles they intend to submit for competition. The list should be delivered to the Secretary at least five (5) days prior to the Show. Each article on delivery should be correctly labeled with Section and Class details. Entry fees must accompany entries. No refunds will be allowable on any entry that is not exhibited.
3. Exhibits will be received in accordance with the regulations set out in this schedule.
4. No exhibitor will be allowed to remove, or in any way interfere with any exhibit until 5.00pm Saturday of the Show, unless with permission from the Steward concerned. Greenwood Hall will be closed from 4.00pm until 4.45pm for stewards to organize exhibits for collection.
5. Agricultural, Horticultural, Produce, Home Cooking, Needlework and Handcraft must be grown or made by the exhibitor.
6.No person shall act as judge over exhibits in any class which he/she is an Exhibitor.
7. The Judges decision is final, but in the event of a protest, such protest shall be lodged in writing within half an hour of the event, with the Secretary. $50.00 to accompany protest which will be refunded if protest is upheld.
8. The Judge may award a second or third prize instead of a first, if exhibits are not of sufficient merit.
9. No person, without the permission of the Chief Steward, shall be permitted inside Greenwood Hall on judging day.
10. Where exhibits bear the name of an exhibitor or manufacturer, the name is to be carefully covered until judging is over.
11. The Committee reserves the right to refuse entry into the grounds to any exhibit where there is reason to expect that it is diseased or dangerous. The Committee also reserves the right to remove such an entry from the grounds.
12. No award ribbon, other than those awarded at the Show shall be placed on any exhibit whilst in the Showgrounds, without the prior approval of the Steward for the section in which it is entered.
13. PRIZE MONEY will be paid in cash and may be collected from the Secretary’s Office on Saturday of the Show. Any prize money not collected at the Show will revert to the credit of the Society.
14. Precautions will be taken to guard against fire and to protect the property of the Show Society, but the exhibits will not be insured at a cost to the Society.
Oakey Show Program 2020
Enjoy a fun-filled family day out!
Times subject to change
FREE Family Entertainment
Official Opening at 10.30am by Dr John McVeigh MP
Ranger Nick - kindly sponsored by the New Hope Group
Come along and join in one of Ranger Nick's three Camp Oven Cooking demonstrations at the Oakey Show!
Ranger Nick is keeping heritage and tradition alive. His cooking demonstrations will include an entree, main meal and dessert. Often referred to as the 'Guru' of camp oven cooking, Ranger Nick is the master of keeping it simple and has been demonstrating camp oven and bush cooking skills professionally since 2010, travelling the country and abroad. Coming from a large family, he whips up a cracker of a meal with whatever is in the tuckerbox.
Ranger Nick will appeal to young and old as he educates and entertains Oakey Show patrons.
Reptile Kingdom-kindly sponsored by the New Hope Group
Reptile Kingdom will provide an opportunity to get hands - on with reptiles at the Oakey Show.
Come along and hold a lizard, turtle or friendly python. Learn about native Australian wildlife at the Oakey Show.
Amanda Faulkner will be entertaining patrons at the Oakey Show.
Around The Grounds
1.30pm Fashion Parade
3pm Pet Parade
4pm Dog Jumping Challenge
4.30pm Young Farmers Challenge
The Oakey Show Society
WELCOMES NEW MEMBERS!
Annual Membership ~ Family $20.00 ~ Single $10.00.
Free entry to the Rodeo & Show
Become a member and be included in the membership lucky draw of $100.00 cash – drawn after the official opening on show day.
Prize Kindly Donated By Wayne & Tina Laughton
Members - Free
Non Members - $10.00
Aged Pensioners (Card required) - $5.00
High School (ID required) - $5.00
Children (under 12 years) - $3.00